Saturday 3 September 2011

Quote Love (24)

Quote Love is a new meme hosted by 'Midnight Twilight'. It's kind of like Teaser Tuesday from Should Be Reading, but with this one you can choose any quote from any book, not just the one you're currently reading. The quote can be thought provoking, or funny, or just really powerful, it's all up to you which kind of quote you choose.


Here is what you have to do to participate:
1) Choose one of your favorite quotes.
2) Post the quote, and write what you like about it.
3) Make sure to put the title and author so if someone else likes the quote they can check out the book.
4) Post your link on Midnight Twilight's Post.

So here is my quote for the week:

"We're not retreating, we're advancing in reverse.' --Skulduggery Pleasant"
Derek Landy (Playing with Fire


Just because sometimes you need to know when to back down. And this made me laugh out loud. I love Derek Landy's writing and I laugh like a lunatic whilst reading his books. :D

Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Liz. R said...

Lol! I love that quote. I haven't read the Skulduggery Pleasant series, but it looks great. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is funny. But it iwwws really important to have a good sense of when to stand up and when to back down.

barmybex said...

I love Skulduggery Pleasant - they are amazing books - you should definitely try them.

Thanks :S