Saturday 17 September 2011

Quote Love (26)

Quote Love is a new meme hosted by 'Midnight Twilight'. It's kind of like Teaser Tuesday from Should Be Reading, but with this one you can choose any quote from any book, not just the one you're currently reading. The quote can be thought provoking, or funny, or just really powerful, it's all up to you which kind of quote you choose.


Here is what you have to do to participate:
1) Choose one of your favorite quotes.
2) Post the quote, and write what you like about it.
3) Make sure to put the title and author so if someone else likes the quote they can check out the book.
4) Post your link on Midnight Twilight's Post.

So here is my quote for the week:

“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire  

We've got some changes happening at work,  I can't go into details yet, but this quote spoke to me. We are a close group where I work, like a big family. We need to stay united and strong to get through everything. Wish us all luck.

Have a great weekend everyone. :D


Also today I am featured on 'Library Mosaic' Carla, who runs the blog is running an author month - each weekend she is featuring a different author and this week I did a Guest Post for her. This weekend is focused on 'Sarah Ockler' author of 'Twenty Boy Summer' and 'Fixing Delilah'. Check out my post here and my second post on why I love 'Twenty Boy Summer' here. Thank you Carla!!!


On another note - I have had the perfect Saturday. I have spent the day sitting curled up on the sofa/couch with a pile of books. I finished the last 190 pages of 'The Traitor & The Tunnel' by Y.S Lee, I then read 'Aprhodites Workshop for Reluctant Lovers' by Marika Cobbold (307 pages) and have started 'Anna & The French Kiss' by Stephanie Perkins - I'm 85 pages in.
Look out for the reviews. :D
What have you done so far this weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out for you at your work!

I love the quote. People really are stronger when they are working together.

You are so lucky you've been able to read so many books! I'm in college with a part time job so I'm lucky if I read a book for pleasure every two weeks (but I do have to read a lot of books for school.)