Friday 2 September 2011

Book Review - The Princess Diaries Ten Out Of Ten

Title: Ten Out Of Ten
Author: Meg Cabot
Series: Princess Diaries (book 10)
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Release Date: 2 Jan 2009
ISBN-13: 978-0330450584

Synopsis
Mia is about to turn eighteen and has decided to put down her princess pen for good. This is your one and only chance to find out how it all ends – including the answers to hotter than hot questions like: Is the practically perfect J.P. the real love of Mia’s life? Will an election in Genovia mean the end of princessdom for Mia? Is she REALLY the last virgin at Albert Einstein High? And finally, crucially, will Michael Moscovitz return from Japan and make a last-minute romantic gesture just in time to save our heroine from making a VERY big mistake??? 


My Review
This review contains spoilers!!!
I expected this book to sum up everything that we've been left wondering about, but I also expected some horrible turns - for someone to die, or Mia to lose the throne or something like that. I couldn't think what else would make this an ending that would go out with a bang. No one died and Mia is still a Princess but I was not disappointed at all, in fact I loved this book more than any other in the series.
I was a bit thrown off at first as it starts 2 years after number nine  ended. But you are soon caught up with her life.
Micheal's invention has taken off he is returning from Japan a millionaire. His robotic medical arm is going out to hospitals around the world, each one selling for over a million pounds. Mia didn't know Michael was coming back, she is now dating J.P, has been for two years, but why does her heart skip and jump at the thought of seeing Michael again.

Lilly and Mia are still not friends but are being civil to each other. Mia is now friends with Lana who turns out not to be as bitchy as she cam across in the first few books, she's actually very nice, just direct.
I loved the mix up of characters and relationships. I was screaming at Mia to dump J.P - whereas I liked him in the last two books, I could see how much he had changed, and I always had a soft spot for Michael.
Tina is still one of my favourite characters and I love how she is there for Mia and not afraid to say what she thinks.
This is the longest of the books in the series but I got through it just as quick as I thoroughly enjoyed it, the plot was much better planned out I think and you could tell the characters had grown up.
A lot of the questions were answered and it had a very satisfying ending.
I am glad I read this series and it ended just perfectly. It was one of those you could put down with a contented sigh.

I would put a warning out saying there is quite a lot of reference to sex in this book so it may not be suitable for younger readers.



My Rating
I would give this book 8.5/10 - the perfect ending to the series, I laughed and I cried. Fabulous. Long Live Princess Mia!

6 comments:

Liz. R said...

I loved this book, I agree it was an amazing ending! I always liked Michael more than JP, so I was really happy with the way things turned out. Great review! :)

barmybex said...

thank you. :D

Celeste said...

Have you read Ransom My Heart which is written by Mia. It's actually pretty good. I read it when the 10th Princess Diaries came out since they came out at the same time.

barmybex said...

No I haven't read it, I'll look it up. Thanks Celeste. :D

sumaiya yasmin said...

what happens in the end please tell i have been dreading to read it but i can`t find it! do Michael and Mia go out again please answer soon as possible!

barmybex said...

this was so long ago i don't really remember but i've looked it up and found this online:

"Mia remains in love with Michael and toward the end of the final book, Forever Princess, Michael kisses Mia and tells her that he never stopped loving her. Mia breaks up with J.P., who was only using her to get attention from the media to further his playwriting career. Michael and Mia finally reunite and it is hinted that he becomes her royal consort in the future."

hope that helps. :D