Friday 23 September 2011

Bk Blgr Hop: Sept 24th-27th & FF (36) & TGIF (19)

Book Blogger Hop 
 Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books and is an awesome way to for book bloggers to interact and find each other. Such a wonderful idea! There's a new question every week that all the participating blogs have to answer.

This week's question is: 
 
“As a blog reader, what information (besides the book review) do you like to see in other bloggers’ reviews of books? (For example – Author bio, social media links, book synopsis from Amazon/Goodreads or one written by the blogger, page count, ISBN number, link to purchase, etc.)”

My Answer: I like to see Publisher name, release date, link to Author's page/Facebook.  I like A synopsis/summary,  and page count. Any extra's are always a plus. 


Follow Friday




Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee.

This week's question feature is from
obsession with books

Q. Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep on revisiting it?

My Answer: I have quite a few series that I LOVE, and read again and again:

1) Harry Potter - I think this will be a popular choice this week. Who can resist this magical world and the fantastic characters within. I think i've read the series at least 10 times over.


2) The Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dann - I've loved this since I was about 10 years old. It brought my love for nature and animals. I always felt connected to the animals and loved their journey, strength, faith and friendship. Such a good series and sends such a good message. I still love foxes now!


3) A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket - I don't know why but I always loved this series, it seemed so different. I've read this more times than I know, I can read 5 or 6 of them in a day - they are really easy and so gripping.


4) Narnia series by C.S Lewis - Like Harry Potter, who can resist these magical books. The Horse & His Boy was always my favourite. 


5) Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy - such good humour - always makes me laugh out loud. Great action, awesome characters and fast paced plot lines. This series is truly EPIC!!!


TGIF!


This meme is hosted by GReads!

This Friday's Question:
 

Reading Challenges: Did you sign up for any this year? 
How has your progression been?


My Answer I had never done any before this year, so actually ended up signing up to quite a few. 


- Morbid Romantica is a challenge to read a book from a theme each month, all Paranormal Romance, the months have themes like 'Vampire Hunters', 'Nephilim', 'Zombies', 'Ghosts' etc. 
I did really well with this for the first 4 months or so but then dropped off, I just sort of forgot about it!.

 
- Support You Local Library Challenge is to encourage people to use your local libraries, they are there for you and need your support. Save your money and borrow the books you read. Head to your library as soon as possible. I am aiming for 'Mega-Sized' read over 51 books from my library by the end of the year. This shouldn't be too hard as i work in one! 
I have completed this challenge, I am currently on 60 library books read this year. :D 


- Off the Shelf Challenge it to read those books that you have on your shelf but never got round to reading. I think I was aiming for 50 books.
I'm still going with this one but am a little bit behind. I'm on 36 so far.
 

- 100+ Reading Challenge is exactly as it sounds, read over a hundred books in one year.
I have completed this challenge and have actually read 141 books so far this year. I've upped my goal to 150, but I think I'll pass that soon, so may aim for 200. 


- A-Z Reading Challenge - Read 26 books this year, one from each letter of the alphabet. My list of books is here 
I'm not doing too bad with this one, I've read 20 out of the 26. Should manage this no problem 


- Mini-Challenge is to read an old book, a new book, a borrowed book and a new book. Here are my picks:  
Something Old: - Sign of Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 
Something New: - I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore 
Something Borrowed: - Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon                     
Something Blue: - Blue Moon (Immortals) by Alyson Noel
As you can tell, I've completed this one too. I got this one done quite early on. 
 

Overall, I think I am on schedule! What about you???

Happy Hopping, have a great weekend everyone!!!

 



7 comments:

Tia said...

I've wanted to read the Lemony Snicket books but have never picked them up. They always looked like so much fun!

My Follow Friday

barmybex said...

oh you should - they're great. :D

Izzy G. said...

vHi, I'm Izzy and I'm stopping by for Follow Friday. I love Harry Potter and A Series of Unfortunate Events too!

Izzy @ My Words Ate Me

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I've never heard of the Animals of Farthing Wood. It's always fun to re-read childhood favorites though.
My Hop

barmybex said...

Welcome Izzy :D
Alison - they are amazing books, I strongly reccommend them.

Elizabeth said...

Hopping by from the Blog Hop.

Have fun.

Elizabeth - NEW FOLLOWER

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

barmybex said...

Welcome Elizabeth, nice to have you here, I've followed your blog for a while :D