Friday 9 December 2011

FF (47) & TGIF (30)

Follow Friday



Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee.

This week's question feature is from
Roxy @ Keeping Up With Roxy’s Books

Q: Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?

My Answer: Well, there are quite a few books I think everyone should read. The Bible obviously, Hunger Games, Skulduggery Pleasant. But the one book I would hand out to everyone, and i think this would be a very popular answer, is Harry Potter. These books have such great messages and just capture the hearts and minds of everyone. The magic really comes to life.

 

TGIF!


This meme is hosted by GReads!


This Friday's Question:
 
Book to Movie: Which book turn movie do you feel did the best adaptation? What about the worst?

My Answer: 

 

Best - I love the adaptation of 'The Last Song' by Nicholas Sparks. Such a beautiful book and the film pulled my heart too. I also love the film 'A Little Princess', I actually prefer the film of this compared to the book by Frances Hodgson Burnett. And of course Harry Potter!

 

Worst - Eragon, this book is so incredible the movie totally didn't live up to it. Really didn't like it. Also Northern Lights - again I was a massive fan of this book but the film changed too much AND cut off the end!!! Why!?!


Happy Hopping, have a great weekend everyone!!!

 

18 comments:

TP said...

The Bible - agreed! I haven't read the books or seen the movies that you mentioned - I really need to bick up Chronicles of Narnia though.

TC said...

I haven't seen Eragon, but have now seen it mentioned a few times as a bad adaptation so not sad I missed it. Have a great weekend.

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

Great choice. I have The Hunger Games Trilogy on MY Christmas list.

New Follower
Sandra
Waiting For Wentworth

Holly Schindler said...

YA author and new follower from Follow Friday!

Celeste said...

I totally agree about Eragon. The book was so good and they took small parts from it and then changed the rest. It's a movie loosely based on a book.

Annette Mills said...

I guess I'm not disappointed that I didn't even know Northern Lights was a movie. I won't bother.... And I agree about Eragon...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

HP and HG are two popular answers today - I totally agree with both! Everyone should read those books, great picks.
Happy #FF and Happy Reading!
megan @ Read It, See It

Alexa S. said...

I absolutely adored A Little Princess, both the book and the movie. And Harry Potter is ALWAYS a win for me in any category!

I liked The Last Song (book/movie) too, but The Notebook is still my favorite ;)

Unknown said...

Agreed! Harry Potter is a must read :D

http://nocturnalbookreviews.blogspot.com/p/giveaways.html

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I said Hunger Games too :) It's such an amazing series! Great answer :)

Here's my FF!

Lan said...

Fantastic choices. These are my two fav series.

barmybex said...

Tanya - thanks for stopping by. Narnia is a definite must read too. Love those books. :D

TC - Yeah it's not worth it really.

Sandra - hope you get them!

Holly - welcome. :D

Celeste - I totally agree. it should say inspired by the book not based on.

Annette - LOL, no don't be disappointed it wasn't any good. :D

Megan - I thought they would be!!

Alexa - I haven't read/seen the Notebook, I'll have to look that one up.

Amy - HP rules! glad you agree.

Jessica - you can't beat a good Hunger Games, can't wait for the film, I've watched the trailer like a thousand times.

Anonymous said...

Great gifting choices! New follower from FF.
My Follow Friday

barmybex said...

thanks Steph :D

Annette Mills said...

A little Princess...that's a good one! Don't remember ever reading the book....

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. It's funny - the Bible is so obvious I never even think of it. As for fun books, Harry Potter is definitely a must.
My Hop

Fireflywishes said...

Definitely HP! I haven't read those other books (for TGIF) it sucks so bad when you love a book and then they mess the film up so bad, it's disappointing - esp for readers because I think it discourages those who haven't read the book yet to pass it up!

Havea great weekend!
April @ My Shelf Confessions

barmybex said...

Annette - took me years to get round to reading it too, that may be why i prefer the film. :D

Alison- it's easy to miss something right in front of you. Harry Potter was a very popular answer.

April - wow, you should try some of them - so good. :D
Yeah I agree, a bad film can put someone off for life. not great promotion.